Iphone 4s - autobrightness not working as before

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imHappy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. imHappy macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2011

I have recently realised that the autobrightness is no longer working automatically under low light. Whenever im constantly using my phone in the night; and were my lights are turn on, after turning the lights off(complete darkness), my iphone doesn't dim the screen!

However when doing this transition viceversa; from low light to high light; the iphone does increase the light the screen for it to be more visible.

I also found that when im using my phone under low light, and the screen is too high that it causas fatigue, the only way -besides manualluly decreasing the brightness- is to lock and unlock the phone. When unlocking the phone, the screen keeps dim. Now, when turning the lights the screen does increase its brightness.

So in summary:
    - low light -> high light = the screen brightness increases.
    - high light -> low light = the screen WON'T get dimmer/decrease brightness!

Anyone else experience this issue thus know how to solve it?

Thx in advance
  2. imHappy thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 27, 2011
  3. regiegija macrumors newbie

May 17, 2012
    I have the same problem.
  4. Demonface macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2012
    Mine doesnt seem to work either . I seriously dont know why it doesnt work might have to be restored with itunes.