iPhone 4S Availability Thread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by al0513, Oct 28, 2011.

1. al0513, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

al0513 macrumors 6502

Where is the best place to pick up an iPhone? When I say that, I meant walk in, and pick one up without waiting. I know there is the resveration thing on Apple, but some of us dont have an Apple Store near us.....

This is for the US. Im actually located in Texas... but this thread isnt really just for me.

I know many people are still looking to get their hands on one but dont want to wait 2+ weeks for it.

So far- (for my area in Central Texas)

AT&T/Verizon/Sprint (Most of them are out of stock- 2+ week wait)

Best Buy- OOS

Radio Shack- Havent checked but will you lose your grandfathered unlimited data plan?

Target- Mine doesnt have any in stock I'm sure...

Sam's Club- OOS

Again this is all in my area in Central Texas

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

3. Pravius macrumors regular

Check Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Target. Really your only option other than reserving one at an apple store.

I just went through looking for one and I got very lucky. Most stores are completely out of stock with waiting lists.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

What Pravius said, also check your carrier stores/dealers.

It's totally luck of the draw, and if you find "stock" it will likely be limited to a particular size/color. 16GB phones are apparently rarer than hen's teeth so if you want 16GB you're even less likely to find one.

With another 22 countries just added, more coming, and Christmas season - I don't expect to see much stock on hand at stores until early next year - so I just ordered my 4S and it'll get here when it gets here :p

5. al0513 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes this is correct. 16 GB is harder to come by..I heard especially the white ones.

I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S2 but I'm switching back and returning my S2 (It has an imperfection on the screen)

I sold my 32GB iPhone 4 for $430 so ... I could get the 32GB or 64GB and be okay. But I have realized that I dont NEED 32GB of storage for music.. but it would be nice.

6. al0513 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just called all 3 radioshacks in my area. 2 of them told me they were getting shipments in today and told me they would call me when they got in.

7. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I am just going to wait until after the new year and then they should be readily available.

8. lilo777 macrumors 603

They are readily available now. just go to bestbuy.com and check iPhone inventory in your zip code area. My checks indicate that they have plenty in stock.