iPhone 4S battery charging and power source

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gepapaya, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gepapaya macrumors newbie

Another "observation"... Each of the charging instances described below were with the iPhone below 20%, and then charging to 100%. Also, iPhone use was essentially the same.

1. For 2 consecutive days, I charged the iPhone at work through a power surge protector/suppressor. The iPhone charge lasted about 24 hours. I thought this was rather strange, since I've gotten closer to 36-48 hours before, but not paying attention to where or how I charged the iPhone. But I think that most of my charging was at home, and rarely at work.

2. 3rd day, I charged using the USB port on my computer. The iPhone lasted almost 48 hours.

3. Next 2 days, I charged at home, straight into the wall socket. Each time, the iPhone lasted almost 48 hours.

4. Finally, back at work, I charged directly through the wall socket. Again, the iPhone lasted almost 48 hours.

It appears that charging through a power surge protector/suppressor has some kind of effect on how the battery charges... and therefore how long the charge holds?

Any thoughts?

2. JonaYO macrumors newbie

how did your phone last for 2 days? i charged through a wall and my phone couldn't even last a day...

mine is a 4S btw

3. gepapaya thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm generally not a heavy user... especially during the work week... maybe 5 hours a day?

But, for my general use, it was interesting to me that with essentially consistent daily usage, how long the battery lasts appears to coincide with charging through a power surge protector/suppressor or not.