Iphone 4S Battery Drain when in Stand By

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by roubitus, Jan 29, 2012.

1. roubitus macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I just have bought an Iphone 4S to one of my friend and I have spome questions regarding the battery usage when in StandBy.
    I left my Phone in Standby for 15 hours and it showed something like 12 hours of usage (I have desactivated some location services, Bluetooth and was in Airplane mode). So after 15 hours I just have 70 % of battery left over (doing nothing but the Phone apparently does something in the background).
    Is this normal ?
    Is there any problem with the battery (I guess it is more a software problem) ?
    Still, is there a good way to see if the battery is working properly(some apps or playing a video ....) ?
    Thanks

2. roubitus thread starter macrumors newbie

So this means, it always does something in the background even in Idle :( ?

EDIT: Airplane mode was not OFF but I had not SIM installed

3. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Yep of course. There is always something running. Clocks, mail (if enabled), push applications, wifi/bluetooth checking for signal... etc...

You'd have to turn off mail push/fetch, turn off notifications, turn off location services, and wifi/bluetooth to get it right down.

Or try turning off the phone and then see how much the battery goes down :)

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

5. roubitus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.
    I made a quick test.
    Everything off (Airplane mode, Wifi OFF etc etc), still I get 2% per hour and there is an almost equal value for the usage and standy time ....