iPhone 4S Battery Dying Quickly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cursayer, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Cursayer macrumors member

Hi there, lately I have noticed my iPhone 4S (on 5.0.1) battery has been dying a lot quicker. I can barely get out 2~ hours of usage and 8~ hours standby.

I am jailbroken and here are my packages:
    Activator
    biteSMS
    BytaFont
    CyDelete
    FolderEnhancer
    gpSPhone
    iFile
    OmniStat for NotificationCenter
    OpenSSH
    PasswordPilot
    ProTube
    Pull To Refresh Safari
    SBSettings
    Springtomize 2
    WeeFlashlight for NotificationCenter
    WeeKillBackground for NotificationCenter
    WiFiFoFum
    Winterboard

I have 4 email accounts set up on my phone, 3 are set to fetch every 15 mins. and one is set at push. I have iCloud setup for Daily Backup and to sync Reminders, Calendars, Mail, etc.

I have tried to remove all my Mail accounts and re-add them but there was no difference. I have iMessage activated.

In terms of Push Notifications, I have one app that sends me them frequently: ScoreMobile, it sends alerts of sports teams I follow when something important happens. Previously I was able to have ScoreMobile push on 24/7 and my battery would be perfectly fine.

In terms of charging, I usually let the phone die before I charge it and I charge it to 100%, sometimes I charge it overnight for around 8 hours.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You have a jailbroken phone. That pretty much throws out the book on standard battery life. Who knows what it could be.

3. Hyper-X macrumors 6502a

The first thing I'd look at is what's running in the background and kill any app you're not actively using then see how your results are. Disable WiFi temporarily to see if it improves anything. When it's on, it's constantly trying to find Access Points to connect to.

My JB phone has incredible battery life when it's in Airplane mode while I was overseas where my Sprint phone would not work (being that it's CDMA and the area I was at only has GSM networks) so doing so turned it into an iPod Touch essentially and I used WiFi instead, easily did 8 hours no problem.