iPhone 4S Battery Faults & More - Poll

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kriskay, Oct 20, 2011.

?

How Is Your Battery Life

1. iPhone 4S, iOS5 - Noticeable Battery Drain & Grip Issues

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. iPhone 4S, iOS5 - Noticeable Battery Drain

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. iPhone 4S, iOS5 - No Issues

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. iPhone 4, iOS5 - Noticeable Battery Drain & Grip Issues

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. iPhone 4, iOS5 - Noticeable Battery Drain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. iPhone 4, iOS5 - No Issues

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. kriskay, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011

kriskay macrumors member

Since there are numerous user reporting that their 4s battery life is a lot worse than the iPhone 4 i think the best way to judge and record this is with a poll.

Personally, my battery drops 1% every couple of minutes on standby. I have restored from back up and set up as a new phone, the problem is still there. I literally have tuned off as much as i can bar calling and Wifi.

My 2cent is that this is a problem with the antenna being too sensitive. I have a bumper on my phone, no 3G signal this way. Take the bumper off and i get 3G signal. If i take the bumper off the phone and do the (iPhone 4) death grip then it, very quickly, drops bars through edge right down to full GPRS signal.

I think the new antenna is constantly switching depending on how the phone is handled thus draining the battery life very quickly. Im no expert but if this is always active it must have some kind of effect. Im probably wrong though. :roll eyes:

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Battery life is dreadful on my iPhone 4 since upgrading to iOS 5.

3. Bizarre. macrumors newbie

There was really no need to bump this, Apple already said iOS 5.0.1 is going to fix this.

4. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Battery life on my 4S is about what I'd expect from a small battery and a phone full of features whose sole purpose is to drain it. :)

5. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had excellent battery life after 4 days suddenly it started draining then I found some information pressing home button twice brings up open apps I had 24 open closed them all and hey presto today my battery can once again be called reliable ... Even with wifi on and music gaming and other stuff so don't forget to close your apps people it really does save battery ...