iPhone 4S battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BizzyLeo, Nov 21, 2011.

1. BizzyLeo macrumors newbie

The battery on this phone is not good. I've had it for about two weeks and in about 8 hours I have 20% battery with very light use. It's dismal compared to my previous phone, a BlackBerry.
    I know Apple recognized that the battery on iPhones/devices with iOS 5 is being problematic. I was hoping you guys can give any suggestions as to how to improve battery life. I already turned off most location services, the brightness is less than 50% on my phone, and I close apps if I am not using them, wifi is almost always off, and I don't have any auto-sync services to iCloud active.

I've also upgraded the iOS software to the latest one (as of 11/20/11).
    Thanks in advance

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Check what you have running in Notification Center. I noticed when I turned off the Stock Ticker that my battery got better (before the latest update). Also, do you have access to WiFi? If so, turn WiFi back on as it drains the turkey juice from the battery less than cellular data does, as long as you're connected.

4. Bluethree macrumors regular

Bluethree

I agree and have had every iPhone since launch with the exception of the original. This battery is without doubt the worst performing one I have seen on a mix of everyday heavy and light use. A couple of hours into my day this morning on my 4S and I was a good 20% down. The software update effect seems to be negligible and I am holding out for the anticipated further update but if no joy on that one time to start dreaming !!

----------

I call it 'battery gate!' ...... soon :(

5. BizzyLeo thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been trying to setup the phone so that I'm only recieving the information that I need. The only things active in the notification center is the weather banner, messages, facebook, and instagram. Of the previous mentioned, I only use messages and facebook the most.
    I also finished adding the contacts to my phone yesterday and literally, in about 3 minutes of me adding contacts, I lost about 7% battery.

What is batterygate anyway?
    Thanks all