iPhone 4S Battery % Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Kidder1994, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kidder1994 macrumors regular

Guys, i have a little problem thats making my life impossible ultimately...

when i charge my iphone and its an 100% for hours, i unplug it, i go to sleep, then i wake up 2 hours after, and my battery is at 96%, the strange thing is when i turn it off and then turn it on, or even with a force restart, it appears with 100% again! :O is it a bug of software or smth? coz i tried rostoring it alot of times and the problem still there, anyone can help me plz? x.x

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That isn't a bug or a problem. It's just the battery reading part of iOS getting the current readings. It takes a while for it. A recalibration of the battery helps sped it up.

3. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

Could u give me an advice how to do a battery calibration on the iphone? and, so, this will happens everytime i charge my phone to 100%? or after the battery calibration this weird "issue" will dissapear?

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Drain your iPhone's battery completely then charge it up to 100% non-stop. The "stuck at 100%" thing will always happen. It happens to most iPhones and iDevices.

5. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, the stuck thing happens everytime, but, the "false drain" -> soft reset -> 100% again will dissapear? xd

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

7. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

ok i will try battery calibration :D, but if that no works, what could i do next?, restore it? x.x

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

If that doesn't make it better, you'll have to live with it as millions of others do.

9. Kidder1994 thread starter macrumors regular

Really, it wasnt only me? ouch i just think that i was one of the only with this issue xd, tysm for ur help :D now to drain out my iPhone XD!