iPhone 4s Battery life 100 hours less standby?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisduk, Oct 5, 2011.

1. chrisduk macrumors member

2. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

my partner noticed this last night, sure hope its an error, or its just another reason not to get one for the prospective upgraders haha

3. chrisduk thread starter macrumors member

am a bit dispointed with iPhone 4s... nothing really exciting, nothing for "this will change everything" usual apple slang. I've waited all year for iPhone 4s/5.. bit like a kid waiting for xmas to then find santa's done a turd in his sack.

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Yup. Alot of people were disappointed because they allowed themselves to believe made up rumors that weren't true and had egg on their face... Your not alone ;) :D

5. chrisduk thread starter macrumors member

I am a huge mactard but i am honestly thinking of getting another phone.. i've had iPhone since the day the first iPhone went on sale in the UK and now i feel so disapointed! I wanted touch n pay like Google Wallet.. dare i say it... I may move to Andriod

6. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

they said the iPhone 4 had improved battery, and it never sees the day out so they have to at least improve battery to be able to actually use the apps and make calls, email, text and not die on you if you do actually use those features every day?

7. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Accurate, I believe. Must be more going on behind the scenes/additional power draw of the A5 when 'idle'. There's an hour more 3G talk time, I assume that has something to do with improvements to whatever chip is responsible for that, and possibly the antenna design.

Re: disappointment. Remember, Apple tends to take things that are done badly and fix them. Things like NFC are a horrible mess, but there's hardly anything to work with yet. Hell, they didn't even launch the original iPhone with 3G! The whole point of Apple, I feel, is to have something that 'just works', something that values reliability, quality, and ease of use over the bleeding edge and the current trend.

8. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

What amazes me is how the specs clearly state 100 hours LESS standby time yet Apple execs at the keynote suggested that the iPhone 4S has improved battery life.

This was one statistic in the battery life figures they deliberately chose not to mention or show on their chart. Misleading or what? :mad:

9. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

Never once gave standby time a single thought. Such a pointless number for a smartphone.

10. chrisduk thread starter macrumors member

very true

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

6 hours of 3G web browsing? Check

9 hours of wifi browsing? Check

8 hours of 3G talk time? Check

Doing all this with a dual core processor? Priceless...

12. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Doesn't alter the fact that in truth the hoopla about battery life was at best misleading, and at worst downright deceitful.

Anyway, if you get usage times approaching those figures, then I'm a monkey's uncle! :p

13. ap3604 macrumors 68000