iPhone 4S Battery Life Explanation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Oct 19, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I figured out why the iPhone 4S has bad battery life... Or at least my phone.

1) Siri. After disabling this, the battery drain slowed and apps no longer crashed. I have a feeling Siri takes up a lot of processing power and RAM even when not running.

2) Calibration problems. My iPhone's battery drops like crazy until about 40%. When it reaches this point, the drain suddenly slows. By the time it gets to 1%, the phone can run maximum brightness Netflix 3G movies for 45 minutes before shutting off.

Both of these are correctable through a software update. I'm looking forward to it.

2. orz macrumors newbie

1. Restore to Factory settings... DO NOT restore from backup in iTunes

2. Disable the following unless you feel you really need it :)
    Settings > Location Services > System Services
    * Compass Calibration
    * Diagnostics & Usage
    * Location-Based iAds
    * Setting Time Zone

3. Disable everything in iCloud settings other than Photo stream and Find my iPhone

Somehow when you restore from backup (your iPhone4 or older files in iTunes) does not work well with iPhone4s causing this battery drain. At least for me. After doing the above. I've no troubles with battery drain as previously.

3. iphonenub macrumors regular

Number 3 doesn't affect what is backed up through iCloud?

4. orz macrumors newbie

At least for "Find my phone" enabled, doesnt seem to have an affect. Though my photo stream is enabled, its emtpy LOL! I've yet to take some pic and see how it affects battery consumption.