iPhone 4s battery life problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Alex230, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Alex230 macrumors newbie

Ok ,i know there are a lot of threads about this but mine is kinda strange.
    I had a battery drain problem on ios 5.1.1 that was solved via a reset settings and it lasted me around 5 and a half hours of usage and 2 days in stand by. It was perfect.
    Upgraded to ios 6 and the battery life drastically dropped but in time.
    The next few days after ios 6 i was getting around 4 hours of usage and 1 and a half days of stand by...decent but not close to what i had before on 5.1.1.
    After 2 weeks from ios 6 i can barely get a full day out of it with mild usage ,like 3 hours and maximum 20-22 hours of stand by.

Tried a reset all settings ,no luck. Tried a restore via itunes ,set as new and restored from a backup, again no luck.

Today i saw the biggest battery drain of them all: it sucked up 9% in 2 minutes!!! from 55% to 46% by loading some pages in safari. I mean what the "f-word"?

It drains 1% every 2 minutes wifi or 3g browsing, and if i use the phone to browse photos and notes, 1% disappears in about 4 minutes.

I'm stunned. It might be an ios 6 bug or my battery is actually dying.

Oh ,forgot to mention that all this battery draining is wit EVERYTHING set to off (mail on manual ,siri off ,location services off, notifications off, brightness at around 70% - and btw ,auto-brightness doesn't work on ios 6 anymore ,at least on my phone).

What should i do? i would set it as a new device without restoring but that means i'll loose all my contacts and messages (i don't care bout the apps ,i can re-download them later).

I sill have warranty for it untill feb 2013 but here in Romania on Orange carrier ,to send it in and get replaced it actually takes 2-3 weeks and i was thinking to buy another battery for it.

Some advice please, i'm desperate right now. :(

I had a perfectly working 4s before the update and now it's close to a useless device with all the things set to off on it...
    What i also noticed: charged it to full last night ,unplugged it and didn't use it until morning when i went off to work. It on'y drained 1% of the battery in about 7 hours of standby (usually from 100% to 99% it gets away even with 30 mins of usage but after it drastically drains fast). Bare in mind that i have not used the phone what so ever and in the morning i had 20 mins of usage! Out of where?? Again ,everything was off...

Thank you in advance.

2. Alex230 thread starter macrumors newbie

well thanks...
    Anyhow ,is there anyway to set up as a new phone but keep my contacts and messages?

Is there any ios 6.x rumored that will try to fix this? i've searched everywhere and didn't find any info.

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I came across your thread while searching for the cause of battery problems. I also came across this thread, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1316706 post # 17, and
    I did that and that helped a lot. However, whenever I try to shut off my iPhone it automatically boots back up. So, if I have any more problems, I'm going to take the phone back and get a new one.

4. Alex230 thread starter macrumors newbie

Woha ,i doubt cleaning the port would solve my battery life issue. I mean c'mon...

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Whether you believe it would solve your battery problem is up to you, but it most certainly solved mine.