iPhone 4S battery life the latest thing stolen from Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LinMac, Oct 31, 2011.

1. LinMac macrumors 65816

The title is obviously in jest, but the fact is the battery life of my iPhone 4S is as bad as I have ever seen it without actually doing all that much with it.

Has anything concrete been found? All my searching has turned up what amounts to folk remedies for the iPhone.

2. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

When you get down to the bottom of it, and all the fixes are applied, what you are left with is a terrific phone that's too thin for the honkin' big battery it needs to be what it wants to be. :D

3. andross77 macrumors regular

you need to do a little more searching :) My battery life seems to be fine now and all i did was the drain/charge cycle and now i have turned off the set time automatically setting and in the location services the set time zone setting or whatever. There will be a patch soon and instead of the IP4S still having a little bit better battery than any android alternative, it will have a MUCH better battery than any android alternative. Which is where i'm at now, much, much better than any android phone i've had. Good luck!

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

It seems that some people are getting fine battery, and some are not. One fellow recently reported that his was fine, and simply resetting the phone (home/lock press) caused his to start draining the battery faster, even though no settings were changed.

The most likely scenario I can infer from all the posts here is that there is some bug in iOS5 that can cause excessive battery drain "sometimes". Changing settings may or may not expose or hide the bug.

I'm confident that Apple will track the issue down and fix it with an iOS update.

5. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Not possible, since many of the Android phones, including the one I had, have battery options. I had a big, honking battery in my 'Droid Incredible, three times the capacity, if memory serves, as the "standard" battery that came with the phone. So long as the iPhone case is sealed and you can't install a larger battery, there will be 'Droid phones available with the ability to install a larger battery and a case back that covers it.

One of my least favorite attributes of my 4S is its thinness. I put a full leather case on it, to make it more "grippable" and also to protect the glass with a leather flap. Even with the leather case, it still slips easily into a dress shirt pocket.

I see a cell phone as a utilitarian device, not as a piece of jewelry. If it is a bit thicker or it has a baby bump on the back of the case to accommodate a larger battery, that's fine with me.

----------

I've shut down some features of my iPhone 4S I don't use. The battery life is satisfactory, not terrific, satisfactory. Again, a removable back with the ability to drop in a larger battery would be a nice addition.

6. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

My old android I had to charge overnight, at work and when I got home. My iphone I only charge in the car to and from work. So while the battery in the 4s might be less then what the iphone 4 gave it, it is no where close to what android gave me*

*Notice I said me. You mileage may very greatly.