iPhone 4s Battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Izzi4224, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Izzi4224 macrumors newbie

Obviously I have the iPhone 4s. I thought the battery life was supposed to be better. Mine is terrible. For example I unplugged my phone this morning with 100% battery, I sent 4 text messages and it dropped to 96%. I would say that I am not using my phone more than the average person, but my battery will be at 60% after about 4 hours of it being unplugged. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions about turning things off in the phone that are useless that I might not realize are turned on? Thanks!

2. Sc24evr macrumors member

Ya same here. I am trying to figure out what settings is doing it. I've been out for about 5 hours and i am down to 30%.

3. keith1958 macrumors newbie

I think this has to do with the mail settings. If you fetch your mail more frequently it will drain the battery. It'll constantly be waiting for new mail to come in. If you fetch once every hour then it should be good. The same was happening to me and I noticed that i had it at 30 mins not 1 hour.

4. Sc24evr macrumors member

all of my email accounts are set to push and not fetch, should i change it?

5. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

If we end up having to get rid of push, in order to get good battery life... Something's seriously wrong. I will never get rid of push