iPhone 4S Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w00t951, Oct 17, 2011.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

Jan 6, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I know that there is already a thread for the battery life problems of iOS 5, but I felt that there should be a dedicated thread present for only iPhone 4S problems.

I received my iPhone 4S (32GB White) on Friday, and I've been getting terrible battery life. I have everything enabled, but that should not warrant a 2% per minute drain rate. I've already tried draining the phone till shutdown. Anyone else have this issue, and anyone know what can solve it?
  2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2010
    Lakeland, FL
    Did you by any chance restore from backup?
  3. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

Aug 16, 2007
    Central FL Area
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My 4s battery life is lower than my 4. But not by a noticeable difference. I'm happy with my new phone.
  4. redwilson macrumors member

Oct 11, 2011
    I did that, does that effect battery life then ?
  5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
  6. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Mar 12, 2010
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Read this, and try some of the 10 suggestions they have for optimizing battery life.

If you still have issues, try doing a Backup of your phone from iTunes and restoring.

Running your phone down to 0% and recharging doesn't change the amount of battery life or effect the battery in any way. It only resets the phone's battery indicator "%" so it more accurately reflects the charge in your battery.

If after trying all of the suggestions, you're still getting only 50 minutes of battery life (2% per minute drain) you have something wrong with your phone and should have it replaced under warranty.