iPhone 4s battery life :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vullmf, Oct 29, 2012.

1. vullmf macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I've just got an iPhone from one of my relative. He bought an iPhone 5 so he passed me his 4s. I adjust the brightness to very low, i dont turn on location and I only turn wifi on whenever i need to search smt on the web.
    But the battery sucks. This morning I used it for 1 hour and it went from 93% to 68%.

Can you guys tell me is it normal for a 4s 32gb or not? How many hours does new iPhone 4s 32gb last?

The warranty will expire in 3days, I'm not sure whether I should go to Apple store and ask them to replace a new battery for me

Thanks alot

2. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

I have a 4S 32GB. What were you doing for the one hour you used it? If you were streaming a movie or otherwise watching something (video on the phone), then I could perhaps see that kind of battery drain. If you were using the phone as a hotspot it could drain the battery that much. Other than in those situations, I would say the battery life is not great on your phone. If you're near an Apple store it would do no harm to have them test it.

To answer your question - how long does the battery last? There is no answer to this, as each person's phone is configured differently with different apps drawing different amounts of power, in different cellular coverage areas.

3. vullmf thread starter macrumors newbie

I just sent an email and was texting
    How often do you charge your phone?

4. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Go try to replace it ASAP if your warranty is that close to running out, that is defnitely not normal battery life unless you were playing a high graphics game for that hour.

If they tell you they're going to restore it and see if that helps, do try it but if it still doesnt help then come in the NEXT DAY to make sure youre still within warranty

5. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Then your battery is worn out. Time to visit Apple and see if they'll fix it.
    My phone will last a day (16 hours) easily without the hotspot or watching video. The max I've gone on iOS 6 is 36 hours.

6. vullmf thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys
    i'll go to the Apple store and ask them about it D:

but i'm not sure if I just say that my phone battery drains quickly and i dont use much wifi and applications, would it be persuasive enough to make them change the battery

will they do anything to test the phone 1st?

7. stonyboys macrumors 6502

They do a diagnostics test that tells them the life of the battery. But for my iP5 that I had them replace, the diagnsotic showed that the battery was working perfectly but they took my word that it only lasted 3 hours (which it did).

Just book a genius appointment and tell them what your problem is (battery only lasts for however many hours) and ask what they suggest you do. Most likely they will tell you to restore as new on the first visit. That's fine, because that might actually solve your problem. Try getting it to 100% as quickly as possible after they restore it and see if your battery is fixed. Then book an appointment for the NEXT DAY if it is not, dont wait because you never know how strict they are about the exact date of warranty end. This 2nd visit is most likely when they will give you a replacement, which you better hope fixes your problem as you probably wont have time to test it and return it again for another replacement.

No need to lie or anything, they will take your word about the battery not working properly.

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Or, when they suggest you do a restore, you tell them that you're within 3 days of your warranty expiring and don't have time to "try XYZ and come back" unless they will allow a warranty replacement at your next visit.

9. TedM macrumors 6502

I've never had battery issues with my 4. I'd follow this man's advice.