iPhone 4S Battery Life

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zeaks, May 19, 2013.

1. Zeaks macrumors newbie

I just got a 4s a few days ago and it's my first iphone. I've read many articles on the battery drain issues with ios 6.1.3 which is what my phone is usin. It's not jailbroken, I've followed all the advice as for turning off location services, icloud, reset the phone as new etc etc.

I used my phone for a 32 minute call and the batter went from 100-79%. In standby it will drop about 8% overnight with no apps running.

Apps installed -
    Youtube
    Zedge
    Whatsapp
    Paypal
    Instagram
    FB Messenger
    Dropbox
    I have notifications turned off for all of them.

Tis isn't as bad as most battery drain issues I've read about but Is this battery usage normal for iphones?

2. applejuice99 macrumors member

I had problems with my iPhone 5 battery issues, which went completely dead overnight from full charge, so your is not as bad as most. However iPhone 4Ss should normally go down by about 1 or 2% and that is with apps running in the background so yours does have a problem. I suggest you either restore your iPhone, ask the apple store for solutions or update to iOS 6.1.4, it does not say it solves issues involving battery life but when I updated mine it resolved it.

3. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

I would update everything (like others have said). Depending on how your cellular / wifi connection is it could be eating up battery. If you are right on the edge of a network your phone might be constantly trying to reconnect draining your battery. Honestly though losing 8% overnight isnt too bad.

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Take a look in your notification center and turn off as much as you can there. Open Facebook app and go into settings and individually check apps within for push. Check your mail also for push.

5. Zeaks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm not able to update to 6.1.4, at least through settings > general > about > software update. It says I'm running the latest.

I did have a few notifications on for Facebook messenger and whatsapp, I've turned them off it might help.

Mail push is off, it only checks when I tell it to. location services are also off.

Definitely cannot make it through a day without charging with minimal usage. Sucks having all this nice features but having to turn them off.

6. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Is skype constantly turned on? If so that's the reason why your battery life isn't as great as it should be.

----------

Yea. iPhone 5 is the only one that can update to iOS 6.1.4