iPhone 4s battery mystery

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joe10994, Apr 27, 2013.

1. joe10994 macrumors newbie

Id really like to see others' statistics and usages, and maybe an explanation. For example, my phone lasted 6 hours 8 minutes usage and 12 hours 23 minutes standby with brightness on half, auto brightness on, location services on, system services all on, spotlight search set to index everything, wifi and 3g on always, siri on, and icloud on. this is with me using my phone for reddit, and texting. thats it.
    now, with the same usage, texting and reddit, with brightness at 1/4, location and system services OFF, indexing and siri OFF, i was at 50% battery with 2 hours 35 minutes usage and 8 hours standby, and it was at 1% by 5 hours and 25 minutes while using it fairly nonstop until 1%. Any insight?
    to be clear, i thought the battery would last longer with features turned off.

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

there are already dozens upon dozens of battery threads you can look at where people post up their usage.

3. jkyoung macrumors newbie

Possible SIM Card Issue?

I have recently put a new SIM card in my Telus Iphone 4s and I saw that the battery life drained even quicker than usual. The phones been on since 8 AM and its now 11:40 AM and the battery is already at 50% and I've texted a couple people, checked my emails once, and gone on Facebook and Twitter for a couple minutes each, so why the sudden drain? I noticed in 20 minutes it went from 56% to 50%. Could it be the new SIM card?