iPhone 4S Battery Problem!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shEnDis, Feb 26, 2014.

1. shEnDis, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014

shEnDis macrumors newbie

Hi, guys

I need some tech advice from pro techs. I f*cked up my iPhone 4S battery and also the battery FPC connector a few days ago. Although the FPC connector was off the logic board, still worked when it's being screwed with the 2 screws that holds the battery in place.
    So, first thing I tried, I changed the battery, but It was a different APN number. Thus, the phone turned on but kept restarting itself every 5 minutes. So, next thing I did, I matched the same APN, but now I'm facing with other problem, the phone can't turn on. Could be the cause of a bad or cheap battery or so cos now I can't even turn it on the phone.

Thanks

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The FPC connector came off the board? This could have ripped the pads right off of the logic board and this kind of repair is very difficult and it is often unsuccessful. You may have damaged your iPhone beyond repair.

3. shEnDis thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes but although the FPC connector came off the board it still worked with the other battery. Now I'm facing the problem with the battery I matched the same APN. I think it's a battery problem, because the connector still works.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

When the FPC connector was ripped off the board it could have caused internal damage to the logic board. I don't think a battery can cause your phone to restart every 5 minutes.

5. shEnDis thread starter macrumors newbie

Do u think it's worth to try to replace the FPC? :confused:

6. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Not if it was ripped off the logic board. Chances are, the pads that the FPC connector is soldered to are damaged or missing.

7. shEnDis thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohh, I was hoping on something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSUirUBmsZs

but if u say the chances r small to get this to work again, I don't know, maybe desperately i'll give it a try, if i have that 10% luck. :(

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Well, if you have the board in your hands, you have a better idea of the condition of the solder pads. If you think they look undamaged and none of them have lifted off of the Logic board, you may be ok.

9. shEnDis thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey bro, I just checked, the pads that conducts electricity on the circuit r still there. Only the solders r off. I don't know if this battery is an original or some cheap. Can I test the battery with a multimeter the voltage or the only way to check is putting on different i4s?

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I don't know of a good way to check the battery. A multimeter will tell you the output voltage, but that can be pretty heavily effected by the load.