iPhone 4S Battery Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by potimus, Dec 16, 2013.

1. potimus macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, recently I've been having battery life issues with my iPhone 4S. It started happening sometime after updating to iOS7, but I'm not sure if that's the cause or not.

My phone seems to not display the right battery percentage, because it will do strange things, like die at 60% for example, and once I plug it in, it will go back to 95% immediately. It will also drop battery life on a whim, one second it will read 80% and the next it will read 15%.

I'm not sure if this is a software issue, but I have restored my iPhone from a previous backup, and I'm still having the same issues. Will replacing the battery in my iPhone fix my problem, or should be I trying something else?

Thanks.

2. MetalLord macrumors newbie

MetalLord

me too

my 4S did this the other day.
    Showed 20 percent, I plugged it in the car charger and it jumped to 75 percennt.

3. sammy-boy macrumors regular

Could be a symptom of the battery starting to give out, if is time for a new battery I'm afraid.

4. Sceptre macrumors member

I just installed new batteries in both my friends 4s and mine.
    Big difference in performance. :)

5. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Battery connection may be loose have you ever dropped it?

6. potimus, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

potimus thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I will end up changing the battery...

I've dropped it once or twice, but not very often. It's in a hard case at all times, and the phone itself is in perfect physical condition. I take pretty good care of it.

This seems a little cheap, but will it work? Also, will I need the special tools?
    http://www.amazon.com/Brand-iPhone-...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1M6V9LWSO0RM1

7. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

You'll need a pentalobe screwdriver to remove the back.
    The battery should work find but it is not OEM.