Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
I ran my iPhone 4s's battery down to 5% and I got around 5 hr of usage time and around 13 hrs of standby time since the last full charge. Out of the 5hrs of usage time, about 1 hr was used for calling, and the rest for emails, browsing the internet, and music. No videos or 3D games. Is this normal or is something wrong with my battery? What's a normal range of battery usage time?

This is my first iPhone and I've had it for only 2 weeks. I don't have anything to compare it with, other than my iPod touch 2nd gen, which seems to have better battery life even though it's 2 years old. :confused:

Also, about 30 min into the call, I noticed my phone became warm. Is this OK?

Collected

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
I went from 100% to 1% in 11 hours 35 minutes standby. The phone suggests 6 hours 3 minutes usage, which is interesting considering I was asleep for 10 of those 11 hours.

Does 'usage' tick over with push email enabled?

aliensarecool

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
I went from 100% to 1% in 11 hours 35 minutes standby. The phone suggests 6 hours 3 minutes usage, which is interesting considering I was asleep for 10 of those 11 hours.

Does 'usage' tick over with push email enabled?

can't imagine more than a minute

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.