iPhone 4S battery when idle

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by andrewfx, Sep 4, 2012.

1. andrewfx macrumors newbie

Hi, last night and this morning I've noticed an extremely worrying problem with my iPhone 4S.

I unplugged my phone from the charger this morning at around 10am and when I checked back at around 3 (without one bit of usage) the battery had gone down to 54%. Now I left it again from 3 untill just now at around 5.10pm and the battery has fallen now to 20%!!!

I haven't used my phone all day, I've ended all running apps but the battery is dying so quickly and the phone feels warm. What could the problem be? Should I take it into the Apple store or is there something I can do myself to fix it?

PS. I noticed that this happened last night, but has never happened before then.

2. andrewfx thread starter macrumors newbie

3. niub macrumors newbie

niub

4. andrewfx thread starter macrumors newbie

Why the attitude?

I've already tried rebooting it.

5. andrewfx thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to mess on with the insides of the phone when I don't know what I'm doing... recipe for disaster.

Should I just take it into the shop? I only bought it from the Apple shop in May!

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

7. honeygirl macrumors member

8. Ryhian macrumors member

Is your phone jailbroken?

I seem to get this issue once a month or so. The big indicator for me is my phone will be warm. I honestly have not been able to pin point the cause of the problem. Mine is jailbroken so I always thought it had something to do with that.

The only way ive been able to fix it is a combination of airplane mode for 5-10 minutes at a time and hard reboots (with home+power button) followed by airplane.