iPhone 4S BEST Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kart, Oct 8, 2011.

1. kart macrumors member

Ok, I currently have an iPhone 4, hopefully getting the 4S on launch. Over the time of having the 4, i have had a few cases bumper, Speck, Belkin clear hard case and a few others, but seriously, i am sick of the silver antenna section getting scratched..The bumper pretty much ruined my 1st iPhone 4 with scratches. When i got my replacement 4, I also got the Speck HD, CPU case, expecting no scratches, within the 1st week i had a few scratches.

Now, I'm in the market for another case, I am not wanting anything massive, or briefcase like, but I do want to keep the 4S as scratch free as possible.

Anyone have any ideas? Silicon cases are fine, a hard case, with some form of inside protection against rubbing from the phone would be the best though..

Maybe I'm asking too much....

2. bimmahh macrumors newbie

Search magpul iPhone case. That's what I have on mine and it's only $10.

3. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

How about getting a total body screen protector? Even if you don't use it on the front and back, just use it on the sides. It'll keep it looking brand new :)

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Will it work on the 4s because I heard the 4s has the same volume and mute button layout as the verizon Iphone 4 and not the AT&T one. Also, is it rubber or plastic?. Thanks

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you just want the thinnest case you can get that protects against scratches, use what I use. Get the CaseMate Barely There case. It is perfect:p

6. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I was thinking about buying the same case. Does it offer good protection from falls?...is it a tough case?.

7. webada, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

webada macrumors newbie

imho, magpul exe field case is the best "silicon" case around. Those clear plastic/hard plastic will eventually scratch and break off near the edges, I had several, every one of them did that.

not saying magpul won't, my is already scratched up so I can't really tell. if you really want to protect the backside, get something like invisible shield and put a case for protection.

I put my iphone in my pocket, so I avoided anything that adds too much bulk.

the magpul is the best of the slimline case around.

the new magpul will fit verizon, so I assume the existing case will fit.... we'll see on oct/14

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Ask in the Accessories forum, or better yet DON'T ask and read some of the 327 threads already there regarding case selections.

9. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

what an ass.

10. vkobejitsu macrumors newbie

Personally, I use the apple bumper and the invisible shield for the back of the phone. I love the way the phone looks and I don't want to hide it behind some case. I've had mine since day one and not a scratch on it. (knock on wood)

11. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Thanks for noticing, I've been working out ;)

12. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Well, seanfranklin does have a point...