iPhone 4S Best PC Tethering Option?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Nov 30, 2011.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Now that the Jailbreak on iPhone 4S will be possible, what will be the free and best (stable/performance/convenient) tethering (use at&t iPhone internet in PC) option for the 4S in 5 IOS, non Jailbreak and Jaibroken?

Ill probably buy a new 4S with unlimited AT&T if you needed that information also i still use the 3g tethering profile change and still works great with no drops, maybe installing that profile works great on the 4S? also i don't want risk on being charged with the current 3g never got charged.

Thanks and detailed answers are always appreciated. :)

2. iphonesrq macrumors 6502

MyWi

it's not free, but a one time fee of $19.95

not sure if there's a better option, but this works great

3. preguntonontrac, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Was hoping for more option and detailed answers and why. :( No one even know if the old installing att profile thing still works on 4S?

4. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

5. lolwutalan macrumors newbie

I had MyWi on my 3GS a while back, and I loved it.
    I was able to connect my phone's data untethered to my laptop when I was out and there wasn't any wifi.

I would also occasionally want to play Uno with my friends while waiting in line for a midnight showing. I'd turn on MyWi, have my friends connect, and we'd all play Uno together linked by my connection.
    MyWi also tells you data in and data out, so you can watch for excessive data use in case you have a data plan.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

The jailbreak isn't released yet - so no, no one knows.

7. grave101 macrumors newbie

If you managed to grab iTether before it was yanked I'd say iTether is pretty solid and easy to use

8. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks i will check it out.
    -
    @ The other guy saying JB is not done, obsly i know that but i am assuming if it is released same options for ip 4 will be available for ip4s. So i am looking answers now to when it is done, assuming is released i will just search for names and save me this investigation.