iPhone 4S better signal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Oct 14, 2011.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

Anybody here has iPhone 4 previously and their AT&T signal sucks but when you upgraded to iPhone 4S noticed better AT&T signal? Please advise. I'm trying to decide whether I should upgrade thinking my signal would get better if I upgrade to iPhone 4S from iPhone 4. If not, I'll just stick to my iPhone 4 with crappy AT&T network coverage. :mad:

2. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

Don't upgrade to 4S looking for it to improve poor AT&T service/signal. Yes, it improves the death grip, but it's not a Jesus Phone (contrary to popular belief).

3. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It's not a miracle phone, but the signal is better here in San Diego with the 4S.

4. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I work at San Diego downtown and that is where I'm having crappy signal. I work in a building in 11th floor but I don't know if that has anything to do with the crappy signal because my other co-worker with iPhone 4 also but with Verizon has great signal and can stream video flawlessly while mine is buffering every second. You would think in downtown where a lot of business people has their work phone with probably iPhone would be given a better service by AT&T but I guess not. :mad:

So you're saying that the signal improved because you upgraded to iPhone 4S? What was your DL speed on iPhone 4? mine does not go past 1 Mbps, even less than .50 Mbps only most of the time and upload speed averaging 1 Mbps only on Speedtest.net app. How fast did it improve yours? Better DL and UL speed? More signal bars? I'm only getting 3 signal bars. Please advise. Thanks.

5. Codepiink macrumors regular

I have crappy AT&T reception regardless of what phone I use... but no, I don't notice a difference on my beautiful white 4S :)

6. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

On Vodafone Ireland here. Gave my wife my old iPhone 4. It has 4 bars my 4S only has two. :confused:

7. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow that sucks but is the network performance worse? Try playin Hd vids on YouTube.

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I live on NASNI and the 3G here on base gets a lot of interference from the ships and aircraft. I will go out in Coronado later today and get a speed test for you.