iPhone 4s : blue hue screen and death grip antenna issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandofbrothers, Oct 15, 2011.

1. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi,

When i purchased my iPhone 4 the forums where awash with stories of some screens being washed out or known as warmer.

The shops demo models were more of the baby blue colour.

I've not got the iPhone 4 s yet and was wondering if any new owner has checked theirs to see if the colour is more defined.

Anyone also checked out the iPhone 4s to see if the death grip/antenna gate still exists. Do you lose signal if you bridge the gap of the antenna on the lower lefthand side ?

Is the phone faster ?

Was it worth upgrading from an iPhone 4 to 4s ?

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

My iPhone 4 had a cooler temp screen than the 4S (both launch day phones). I think I prefer the cooler screen, but it's not a significant difference.

Death grip is completely eliminated. Data speeds and signal strength don't drop at all in the same position that the 4 would go to "Searching..."

Data speeds vary, but it is faster than the 4; I've gotten as high as 5/2 where the 4 has only ever gotten 1.5/1 in the same area. Pings are also faster; 4 was ~200ms while the 4s is <100ms usually

3. ctrejo0198 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 does have a cool blue hue to it compared to the iPhone 4S. I personally liked the cool blue than the warmer color. Still I couldn't be happier with my purchase! :) :apple: :)

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

The hues on mine look exactly the same, FWIW.