Resolved iPhone 4S Bluetooth A2DP/AVRCP Issues - iTunes Match May not play well with this JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 3282868, Jan 29, 2012.

1. 3282868, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

3282868 macrumors 603

Just Absinthe'd by 4S, everything works perfectly on 5.0.1 406... or so I thought...

I attempted to use the A2DP and while it pairs and recognizes the headset (I have two, Sony DRBT160AS and JayBird Secure Fit Wireless Bluetooth Buds - highly recommend them), but no sound.

- Rebooted device
    - Repaired both headsets (they work fine on my non-JB'ed iPad 2 running iOS 5.1 beta)
    - Systematically removed any Cydia apps such as "Volume Booster 4," "AssistantExtensions" for Siri, and do not have any "pirated" apps installed (I buy anything I need from Saurik) that may impair the Bluetooth profile.

Anyone experiencing similar issues that could shed some light on the issue? Thanks! Gonna start the googling process now, will update if I find any information.

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday! :)

UPDATE: Reinstalled a few Cydia apps, and removed all my paired Bluetooth Devices again, repaired, and now everything works well. I believe I know the issue:

I have been using iTunes Match, and I noticed upon further examination today it was acting strangely since the jailbreak. I deleted iTunes Match from my iPhone, then syncing directly from my Mac Pro. I have the sense this may have been the issue, as I also noticed songs would not play even through the iPhone speaker.

My opinion, iTunes Match may not be working well with this current Absinthe iOS A5 JB. Any thoughts?

2. SlasherKG macrumors member

iTunes Match works fine with the jailbreak on the 4S.
    I have heard of people not using iTunes Match and the music issue.

What you have to do remove the music first, then re-add it after the jailbreak. Or if already jailbroken, remove the music and re-add it.

3. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Hmmmmn. interesting. It was the only factor left in the equation. I deactivated "iTunes Match" from my iPhone 4S which deletes the playlists and music (although some songs remained). I then connected it via USB and selected the music I wanted and simply copied it as before. After that, it worked perfectly. Even fixed an issue with contact syncing in my 2011 Infiniti G37xS (some contacts wouldn't download to my vehicle phonebook).

Otherwise, I don't know what else could have been the issue. I do notice when streaming a movie from my Mac Pro to my iPad 2 using the native Video app through iTunes Sharing, if I am using a Bluetooth A2DP headset streaming is awful. Once the bluetooth is turned off and a regular headset is utilized not an issue. Perhaps too much "wireless" data streaming overloads the A5 system?

4. Ponderous macrumors regular

I too seem to be having an issue with iTunes playing songs from iMatch after jailbreak. Music will indicate it's playing but the status bar will never move from zero. Sometimes it skips songs altogether. These are songs purchased straight from iTunes as an entire album.

I've also noted the title of some songs not being what is actually being played.

It's weird. Any ideas?

5. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

I've experienced those exact issues, and as an iOS developer I've been using iTunes Match for a long time.

A few song titles have been changed, I believe this is an error with the original matching of the library. For some reason(s) the songs were mismatched.

As iTunes Match was giving more grief, I decided on not using it with my iPhone. I can download individual songs through the iTunes Store App using my account, but having my whole library listed was a great convenience. I still use it for my Apple TV. I'd recommend disengaging it for the iPhone, for the reasons listed above and for the fact that if a user who is not fully informed has 3G Cellular Data on for iTunes Match you can burn through your data plan in no time.

I do recommend using it to permanently replace songs with nitrates lower than the standard iTunes Match of 256 bitrate. Google for easy instructions to create a smart playlist with tracks less than 256 bitrate that will allow you to download the higher quality tracks (and these will be good even past your iTunes Match subscription). Just be careful and backup your library. I use "Time Machine" and burned my media onto a 50GB Blu-Ray, you can never be too cautious. :)

6. Ponderous macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wow. Thank you very much for that informative reply. It's certainly why I love MacRumors. Thanks!

7. 3282868 thread starter macrumors 603

Anytime mate. That's the reason I rejoined MacRumors (I had an account I asked to be closed last year as the threads we're becoming less informative/helpful and more of a "pissing contest" filled with personal slams). Arn was great about it, and we discussed the [then new] ratings system for individual comments. I had mixed feeling about it (and still do) as people tend to gang up on others by voting comments down. Arn tended to agree and at the time mentioned it may be changed to simply only voting comments positively. They reinstated my old account, but after I created this new one lol. Oh well.

Glad I could help. :)