iPhone 4S bluetooth - answer calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mnawesome, Nov 11, 2011.

1. mnawesome macrumors newbie

I am new to iPhone, coming from an Android 2.3 phone an I am noticing an annoying difference in feature, perhaps a bug. I have an iPhone 4S with a Plantronics Voyager Pro headset.

When I place a call on my iPhone touch screen the audio automatically routes to my Voyager Pro perfectly...

When I receive a call, I hear it ring in my bluetooth, I touch answer on the screen and I hear an audible like its answering and then I don't hear anything... I have go hit Audio Sources > Bluetooth to get it routed to my headset, so I have 2 steps to answer via bluetooth.

On my old Android I touched answer and it would automatically route to bluetooth.

Is this normal for iPhones?

I am disabled with little arm movement so touching the answer button on the bluetooth itself is impossible for me.

Thanks for the help.

2. mnawesome thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it out.. there is a setting under General > Accessibility for default audio source where you can choose Phone, Speaker or Headset.

3. Tknull macrumors regular

Oh god thanks!

I've had this problem since I got this iPhone.... where if there is an incoming call, and i voice accept, it is fine and routes the call to my headset.... but if i physically hit the button to accept, it changes the call to the speaker and forces me to manually reroute to the headset. I wouldn't have cared, but the ringtone for the call interferes with being able to voice accept, often forcing me to say "accept" four or five times, which can be embarrassing and annoying.
    I've been reading and searching for the fix to this for a while... thank you so much for figuring this out!!!