iPhone 4s, Bluetooth, Mac Book Pro HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by evotoiphone, Nov 17, 2011.

1. evotoiphone macrumors regular

Ok so I went out and bought myself a new Mac Book Pro today :) I was able to pair my iPhone 4s with it no problems but neither will connect to the other :(

On the Mac book, I get this error "The Bluetooth Network is unavailable. There was an error trying to connect to your devices network. Make sure network access is enabled and available on your device."

On the iPhone I get this, "Connection Unsuccessful. "Brooke's Mac Book Pro" is not supported."

Also the iphone will not find the Mac Book even though I have it set to discoverable. However the Mac book will find the iphone.

Any ideas?

2. diane143 macrumors 6502a

I can't help you with this, but my 2008 MacBook has the exact issues! I had given up on it for awhile. I have not yet downloaded the iOS update but my MB is current on 10.5.8

3. E4tH macrumors newbie

Why would you need to connect your iPhone to your macbook via bluetooth when transfers or browsing files of the iPhone via bluetooth is not supported?