iPhone 4S bluetooth to Ford SYNC...Help please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kennyd, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kennyd macrumors newbie

Trying to connect my 4s to Ford SYNC (2012 vehicle) and Sync finds the phone's bluetooth and then says, "Please say your pin number after your pin is confirmed back, and say ok."

It seems I am suppose to have a pin display on my phone that I say back to Sync, but my phone isn't displaying any pin at all. Not in the bluetooth area or main screen...nowhere.

The phone's Devices just keep searching...always...in the car...away from it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. KPOM macrumors G5

The Bluetooth in the iPhone has only limited features, so it might not support all the services of Sync. Have you tried initiating the pairing from your iPhone, rather than from Sync?

3. kennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

I have...

I did try that, but the Devices search on the phone just keep searching and never lands on any devices even though there are several within its reach. The SYNC receives many...including the phone.

I realize the SYNC services would be limited through the phone, but it seems the phone should be ceasing its search and showing a pin that I verbally say to SYNC. The phone doesn't offer a pin.

From what I've been reading, many people are experiencing the constant device search that never stops on the phone. It appears to be a bug that I hope they'll resolve soon.

4. FredV macrumors member

FredV

are you just trying to connect the iPhone like any other usual Bluetooth device to SYNC?
    I just added my phone to SYNC yesterday, when I found SYNC on my phone, there was a pin number that showed up on my screen on SYNC and I put that pin # into the phone, pretty simple...? idk if that helps?

5. mcruzader macrumors regular

That is exactly what I did, the pin showed up on the screen and I put it on the phone.

6. kennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, exactly

Fred and McC -- that's exactly what I'm trying to do. Just connect like any other BT device.

- My phone's BT is stuck on "searching" and couldn't find SYNC.

- So, I did a search from SYNC and it found my phone, but the phone never offered up a password for SYNC.

- so either way: phone finding SYNC or SYNC finding phone, the BT page gives me no way to enter or provide the PIN

- Am I correct that providing or entering a password would happen on the phone's BT page?

So, yes, I'm trying to do exactly what you guys have done.

Thanks!
    Ken

7. FredV macrumors member

FredV

that's correct, try to get it so you see SYNC on your phone, and when you tap to connect, SYNC should say here's the pin and you should be able to input it on your phone. that's strange and it seems your doing the necessary steps since your able to discover the devices. I'm stuck too.

8. kennyd thread starter macrumors newbie

agreed..

It's so frustrating because if the searching on the phone would just find something and stop it's search, it would all work. It's literally tuck on searching and never stops with any results.

I'm really hoping there's a fix soon.

Thanks guys. I'm just glad I was doing things correctly.