Iphone 4S bottom icons/applications not showing

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by gadget123, Jan 14, 2012.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I had a problem with my phone since last night my Safari, phone ect links at the bottom have vanished. It's just showing an empty gray space anybody else had this before? I reset settings and had no luck.

2. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

try doing a hard-reset by holding both the home button and power button until you see the apple logo (about 10 seconds).

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

No luck either.

I will need to load up Itunes and do a full restore. Will see if that works.

4. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

They are back with a restore I had to drag them back to the bottom as they ended up on another page. :eek:

5. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

You may have an app that conflicts with either another app or possibly the OS itself. Not all apps are compatible or play nice-nice with other apps. It's too weird that not only did the icons disappear, but they showed up on another page and you had to physically move them. You might try uninstalling apps one at a time going back to the time when this problem surfaced, especially if this problem continues.

6. K8sL8 macrumors newbie

Missing icons

Before you go to too much trouble, check to see if you accidentally created a folder. Your missing icons may be huddled together, hiding from you in a folder you didn't mean to create. I learned this the hard way when some of my icons disappeared. :eek: