iPhone 4S broken front glass

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by poncho.amg, Jan 31, 2012.

1. poncho.amg macrumors newbie

Three days ago I woke up with the surprise that my 1 month old white iPhone 4S has a big scratch and two little scratches in the front glass but the screen is in perfect condition, due I live in Guatemala there is no apple authorized service so I went to my carrier and they don´t give a solution.
    I´m travelling next week to the US so was thinking about repair my iPhone 4S in the States because here I couldn´t find a solution.
    What can I do?? Can I replace just the front glass without the screen?? Where can I buy just the glass?? Where can I repair my phone in San Francisco, CA??

Thanks for your help...

2. RoyWill macrumors member

Too bad .. I dont think you can just replace the front glass. The LCD is glued to the digitizer (front glass) and need to be replaced at the same time.

Just search craigslist in your area and you will find a lot of qualified repair shops in SF and they will offer a 30day warranty for the repair. good luck!!

3. RonJones macrumors newbie

Yeap.. thats the only option... cost about $80...:(

4. Nikola3gs macrumors newbie

3gs is better than, lcd can be removed so is cheep fix.