Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white.noise

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
So I ordered a white iPhone 4S but I don't know what color bumper to get so I need your help! The two colors I can't decide between is the orange and black bumper. If someone could please provide pictures maybe of the two different color bumpers on the phone that would be great! Otherwise leave a suggestion of what color I should get! Thanks!

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
Don't get black. It looks sexy in the pictures, but doesn't look as good IRL.

davidnyjets

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Don't get black. It looks sexy in the pictures, but doesn't look as good IRL.

I have the black bumper on my white 4s and I love it. In pictures and IRL. :D

Do you have pictures?

case-apple-bumper.jpg

walds11

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2010
I am planning on buying white bumper for my black 4S. I like the contrast of white bumper on black iPhone.

According to some reviews, the bumper scratches the metal antenna band which concerns me. Also, the white gets dirty and the light grey parts discolor according to the reviews. No biggie, that's normal wear and tear. Are the Apple bumpers really worth it? I saw on a YouTube video where a guy put duct tape on the inside to prevent scratching on the metal antenna band. That is a good solution.

jasvncnt

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2011
New Jersey
I have to be honest. I started out with the blue bumper. Within a week the color actually started to fade/change. Went back to Apple to replace it. Well they did but wouldnt let me get a different color. So within a week of the blue replacement, it started to do the same thing. I gave up and have been using bumpers off ebay now. I think I paid like $6. I have blue, white and black. No real issues with any of them.
As far as scratching, I have the clear-coat full body. So there are strips that protect the sides of the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.