iPhone 4S Camera, Camera Roll and Photo Stream crashing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jimbo-joneso, Oct 20, 2011.

1. jimbo-joneso macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I have been using my iPhone 4S for a few days now and its been working perfectly. Yesterday I made a screen capture and ever since then I can't view my camera roll or photo stream. I can launch my camera app and it looks like I can take a photo but as soon as the shutter closes, the camera app crashes.

When I go into the Photos app, I can see the albums but if I click on camera roll or photo stream the app crashes. When I click on photo library it say I do not have any photos on my phone... but I can click on all my other albums and I can view the photos like normal. I have tried to turn off the icloud photo streaming and it doesnt help.

I probably will just restore my phone and start over, but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and fix for this without restoring their iphone 4S.

Anyone?

2. deskjockey49 macrumors newbie

Same problem - iPhone 4 with IOS5

Having the same issue, took a photo with the volume button, but now camera roll, photo stream and camera app all crash when attempting to use them. I can view some photos from the camera app prior to taking a photo, but they are out of order and only show the thumbnail version i.e. low res. Also can't view the photo i took that seemed to cause these issues.
    Very frustrating, i've had my phone for a long time and resetting everything to get it all working is not an attractive fix. Could go back to the restore in iTunes from when i did the IOS5 upgrade, but would rather a proper fix.

3. jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

Just discovered this bug on my iPhone 4 with ios5. Was just thinking how cool it was that pictures I took on my iPhone appeared magically on my iPad. It did this a couple of times but now I can't even take a photo on my iPhone without it crashing. Can't even launch the photos app.

I hope someone finds a solution. Disable iCloud has no effect.

4. jacg, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

jacg macrumors 6502a

jacg

5. deskjockey49 macrumors newbie

worked for me

Great thanks - worked for me. Used PhoneDisk to do the backup and deletion of photo db. Took 2 attempts for me, not sure why - but worked a charm the second time. Only little niggle as it nuked my synced photo libraries - but since these were synced from my laptop no trouble getting them back (had to remove the synced folders in itunes and re-add them).

6. Mrs.Geek macrumors newbie

Solution worked for me as well. I also manually deleted all the photos in my photostream with the software since turning off photo stream wasn't deleting them and that was also corrupt.