iPhone 4S Camera CANT FOCUS. Camera Lense "Shutter" Coming Down?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JarrettH15, Feb 1, 2012.

1. JarrettH15 macrumors newbie

I have no clue when this started but up close my iphone is unable to focus close up, even if I tap and try and zoom to focus it doesn't work.

Compared to other iphones, they can zoom in and take quality pictures.

Has anybody seen this issue?

Here is what a good camera lens looks like....

[​IMG]

This is what my camera looks like... please help..

[​IMG]

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Well that's a first for me. I'd suggest taking it in for a replacement but I'm not sure that they would since it looks like drop damage.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

your camera looks baked.

Take it into apple.

But stop and get it some wendys on the way.

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I wholeheartedly agree with this technical analysis :D

5. Jason-94 macrumors newbie

6. JarrettH15 thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL! Thanks for the responses. It does look pretty out of it.

From what I notice the flash is also half covered by some silver metal type thing.

I do pay 10$ a month for insurance from Verizon but that would require me to just buy a new phone.

If I go to apple, would they be able to open up the phone specifically the camera part and try to fix it or will they just throw a new one at me and make me reload everythinggggggg

7. RoyWill macrumors member

Its should covered by warranty if its not drop damage. Of course its up to what apple determine. If its not covered by warranty, you can easily find a local repair shop to fix your phone for aroudn $50. good luck

8. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

verion insurnace for the iPhone is ONLY good in the event that you LOSE your phone entirely OR drop it in water. Verizon won't FIX your phone but will replace it with a refurbished unit (you pay the ~$170 deductible). Everything I've heard says these are NOT like the apple refurbs. I've had one experience with Verzon refurbs and I ended up sending the refurb back and keeping my original (that's how bad it was).

9. RonJones macrumors newbie

Get a local repair shop to get you an estimated cost ... way cheaper than Apple shop and most of them will offer 30day warranty... good luck

10. MsBeauty macrumors member

Did you drop your phone?? I looks like drop damage to me

11. JarrettH15 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to add some closure; finally went to the Apple store today, No i had never ever dropped the phone, cosmetic condition was perfect.

Basically that film device slider piece that made my lens be half covered is a protective piece apple puts in the iphones to prevent the lens from being smashed in the event the back piece bends in for a fall or something.

Apple replaced my iphone free of charge and the reason they gave me for this piece of slide down of out of place was because the glue gave out, melted.. and let the piece fall out of place. He said he has never seen anything like this and could have been heat or just poor glueing at the factory..

Thank you to everyone who posted.

Awesome Ending Here ... :)