iPhone 4S camera feature bug or poor design?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericinboston, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

I had the 3GS and loved it. I now have the 4S with iOS 5.0. Have any of you seen this wacky behavior?

Scenario: Take a picture, then click on the icon in the lower left to go to the pictures. 1)It ONLY shows you the picture(s) you just took...NOT the entire photo album so you can look at others. 2)While looking at my single picture, I can only delete it or return to the camera...I CANNOT email it!

#2 is much more of a flaw in my opinion...I want to take the darn photo and THEN email it (which I'm sure 99% of people do)...I don't want to have to snap the photo, go to the home screen, click on Photos, scroll to the last photo, click on it, then email it.

Grrrrrrr.

Anyone else seen this?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Is this when you double click the home button at the lockscreen and tap the camera button? If yes, this is how its designed.

3. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    When you tap on the photo you just shot, that should then bring up the options to email, etc., or at least it does on my iPhone 4.

4. ericinboston thread starter macrumors 68000

Well...seems like a poorly documented security feature...I took the photos while the phone was locked.

So this is by design. Would be nice if Apple, um, kinda told us about this feature.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

They do sort of... if you go to the Camera from the lockscreen, then tap on the photo roll with no pictures taken, the screen says "Your iPhone is locked. Unlock your iPhone to see all of your photos and videos."

It doesn't say this if you've taken photos while locked, so that can create confusion.

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I think it's a wonderful feature in iOS 5. Lets you use the camera while locked but also preserves privacy. Handy if you ask someone to snap a photo of you but don't want to give them access to the phone in an unlocked state.

Also, while Apple didn't create a TV ad on the feature, it has been mentioned widely as one of the iOS 5 features.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This.
    I showed someone how to do this, I told him that the best part was if you wanted "me" to take a pic you don't have to hand over your unlocked phone. I love the lock screen camera.