iPhone 4S Camera/Picture Problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iPhonelover2010, Dec 21, 2011.

1. iPhonelover2010 macrumors member

Hey everyone, I've been having some problems with my camera/pictures. All of a sudden, my pictures appear very grainy/pixilized (I can't even make out people's faces in the pictures). And some pictures are appearing as completely black. Also, everytime I take a picture, I can never find them in the camera roll unless I go to photos-->camera roll. I've tried turning my phone on and off multiple times, and doing a hard reset but nothing seems to help. Has anyone had any similar problems? Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Is that an actual picture taken with your iPhone?

4. iPhonelover2010 thread starter macrumors member

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Please post an actual pic.

If you can't upload, email it to me: r.j.s at macrumors.com

6. mstrze macrumors 68000

I wouldn't call that grainy, I'd call that pixellated. Are your pics really that blocky? If so it's not so much a camera situation, but a display problem...unless you have some sort of aftermarket-jailbroken filter on your camera.

If you can upload or send the pics, it would go a long way into determining what's happening. It may just be the displaying of the pics with the originals being fine...or it may be within the camera somehow.

EDIT: This is an example of a grainy photo.[​IMG]

7. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

You didnt provide any samples of actual photos from the phone so...

Is your iPhone even real? Maybe it is a cheap knock off clone from china.

8. Skywalker18 macrumors newbie

Same here!

I've just started experiências The same problem since yesterday! Is it due to an update we've done??

Pictures are grainy and don't seems to get in focus when you open the app. Haven't tried to open it on computer though. But when you attach a pic to a mail its fine and get clear right away. So it seems it is a photo app issue.

Any clues anyone?
    Thank you so much,