iPhone 4S can't find any WIFI networks

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drkash, Jun 9, 2013.

1. drkash macrumors regular

I have a 2yr old iphone 4s and the WIFI for the past week won't find any networks. Wifi turns on ok but won't pick any networks up. Have tried at home and at another persons home (both previously worked ok). My iphone 5 and ipad picks up both of these wifi networks ok.

I've tried resetting network settings and have also factory reset the phone but still no luck. Is this a hardware issue (bluetooth works fine and connects), or is it a iOS problem (currently on 6.1.3 and was working fine on this since it was released)?

Thanks for any help

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a hardware issue. You have done pretty much all the troubleshooting to rule out software. Is it still under warranty? If not, you could do an out of warranty replacement.

3. drkash thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, thought it was probably a hardware issue. Is that a repairable item at repiar stores? Its not under warranty and not sure I'd want to pay too much as will look to upgrade to the new iphone later this year. How much is an out of warranty replacement?

4. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

$199

You could just use cellular until it's time to upgrade as long as your data plan can supply based in your usage.

5. truckdriving macrumors newbie

probably wifi module is working wrong. repairing it will not take too much money.

6. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

I don't think you know what you're talking about.