Iphone 4s - Cant restore or unlock HELP!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by blondebee87, Dec 8, 2011.

1. blondebee87 macrumors newbie

Hi all, I have an Iphone 4.s that had a passcode restriction, I managed to get it to a screen showing a symbol of itunes and the powercord (sorry not really that technical) I keep trying to restore it through Itunes as it is completely unusable now but when it starts to download the restore it always stops at a cretin point.
    Im new to updating and restoring my iphones (little sister normally updates them). So if anyone could help I would really appreciate it :)
    Thanks Heaps,
    bee

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Why did you have a passcode protected 4S phone and do not know the passcode of it?

4S is just coming out within a month or so, it is still under warranty or support by Apple. If you have problem with restoring it, you can bring it to Apple so they can help you, unless there is more to the store and you can bring this in.

There is way to restore this phone but I want to get more on this story before lay out the steps for you to restore it.

3. DJBBOX macrumors regular

DJBBOX

get it into DFU mode and then restore. you won't be able to do anything with it though. unless you activate it with your own ATT account. there is no unlock as of right now but is in the works, and jailbreak tools are not available for the device yet. so hacktivation is out of the question.