Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nikefn2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Hello all,

I just received my 4S on ATT and I have a question.

On previous iphones when you go into network you have an option to enable the 3G or turn it of. This option is not on the 4S or at least not on my phone.

Did anyone else notice this??????????

Nikefn2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Just came to post about this. Very weird. There are parts of my office where I can only get data via Edge, so this could suck.

Same here. In my break room at work, I barely get Edge signal back there so 3G is out of the question. But I wonder does this mean that there will be better 3G coverag. Also I wonder if the battery life will be better on 3G. I'm a heavy user and 3G has previously murdered my battery life in a few hours.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
same here, I made a post about it a few hours ago. There is no option to turn it off and to be honest I dont really want it on cos I never use it and connect to wifi at home and work for all my data needs. Its just a battery drain that doesnt need to be there.

I think they have done this because Siri depends heavily on a speedy data connection.

Nikefn2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
same here, I made a post about it a few hours ago. There is no option to turn it off and to be honest I dont really want it on cos I never use it and connect to wifi at home and work for all my data needs. Its just a battery drain that doesnt need to be there.

I think they have done this because Siri depends heavily on a speedy data connection.

I was thinking that also. I'll cross my fingers in hopes that the battery life doesnt die too quick. I'm a heavy texter and I occasionally get onto twitter for about 10 mins or so. I'll be test thing out today

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
any info on this?

i cannot turn 3G off either, i don't really like the option of not. its pretty weird :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.