iPhone 4S Carrier Unlock?

Quad 2.5 G5 =)

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
This is a simple question. I have a locked AT&T iPhone 4S. Has the community come up with a carrier unlock solution yet, for iOS 5.0.1/5.1? If so, please help me out by providing a link or telling me the name of the software, etc. Also, how do I apply it to my iPhone? Thanks a lot. :)

(Mods, if this is not in the right section, please move it to the appropriate section for this sort of question. Thanks.)

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Would be awesome I must say. Hasn't been an iPhone 4 unlock since the first baseband (1.10.0?)
Yes, but I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Plus basebands 4.11.8 and later for the iPhone 4 are not unlockable. I guess you could argue that there might be still one "in the works", but it's unlikely. Dropping hints about an unlock coming soon is pointless... it happens all the time and it's usually just a way of getting attention.

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
Yes, but I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Plus basebands 4.11.8 and later for the iPhone 4 are not unlockable. I guess you could argue that there might be still one "in the works", but it's unlikely. Dropping hints about an unlock coming soon is pointless... it happens all the time and it's usually just a way of getting attention.
Normally I would agree with this opinion. However, when it comes from THE one person who has successfully put out most, if not all, of the Ultrasn0w unlocks, I believe it is not "just a way of getting attention".

Cheers!