iPhone 4S case ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kgblueberry, Jun 3, 2012.

1. kgblueberry macrumors newbie

The iPhone 4S will be my first iPhone and I'm looking for a durable, yet attractive case for it. I want something that can withstand small drops and I've read that the new iPhone 4 is 80% more likely than the other generations to cracks on the screen so I want to get a durable case. I'm also very girly and I want something cute but am willing to compromise a bit on the style if it's a good quality, durable case. Any suggestions? I've been researching and have read mostly good things about these brands: Otterbox, iSkin Revo 4, Incipio, CandyShell and Speck. I'd prefer something pink, purple or something super girly and I'm getting the white iPhone.
    Thanks!

2. 184550 Guest

I like incase. I've had their slider case for my 3GS and my current 4S. I've dropped both phones from about waist high and never had any damage.

3. glukkofficial macrumors newbie

glukkofficial

4. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Do you want a lay on the table design? Do you want something that's a shiny plastic or has some grip? I have the Speck fitted fabric case. It snaps together in 2 pieces. It is minimal with bulk and it comes in light colors including pink and purple. They also have the FabShell which is similar but it covers the buttons. I never had that one. They have others too of course.....https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case.html

Also look on Amazon for more colors that may not be carried on the manuf site. I also like Incipio feather and iFrogz slide. Otterbox will be bulky. So many cases to choose from. I suggest going to a store or the mall and checking out what you can so you can see it on the phone. AT&T stores are happy to take the cases out of the package for you to try them on your phone.

Good luck :)

5. greentaloy macrumors member

Bird Nest iPhone 4 case could be a good choice with its durable and fashion design...

6. Chartreuse macrumors newbie

I just got my iphone 4s a few months ago and it's also the first iphone I've owned so I was definitely going for durability. I'm not too girly so I got a speck candyshell in black. It's the only case I have so what I know of other cases is just from looking at them and reviews, not actually trying them out.

I kept reading reviews where people had hard cases, 2 piece cases.sliders that scratched their phone, which is why I like that it's soft on the inside. I suppose it doesn't really matter since I have a screen protector for front and back. I was a little skeptical at the time of just rubber type (or similar) cases, so the fact that it's hard on the outside also appealed to me.

The downside of it is that its a glossy finish so it gets scratched up, but not so much that it bothers me that much. It shows up more with darker colours, but I knew that it would before I got it and went with black anyway. It's not the most elegant of cases, but it's not too bulky and does its job. The case has proven it's protectiveness to me. I don't tend to drop things, but I accidentally swiped my phone off a table with my elbow when I turned and it hit tile. It was fine when I took it out to check.

I got mine from the apple store so it was full price, but I know a lot of people get cheaper (fake) ones from amazon and are still happy with it.

Good luck picking a case!

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Just go to Staples and pick up one. Around this time they mark them down because the newer iPhones or gadgets are coming out.

8. Sabrina12 macrumors newbie

The iPhone 4S will be my first iPhone and I'm looking for a durable, yet attractive case for it. I want something that can withstand small drops ...

9. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

10. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

CaseCrown. Great durable cases cheap on ebay.

11. darky90 macrumors member

I got a case by Cygnett.

Brushed aluminum backing with silver trim. I got this particular one in black. Made of very heavy duty rubber/silicone which gives this case a very nice grip. This case becomes flush to the screen so there is not much protection from frontal falls. But all in all, I really like this case and makes my phone look sleek with good protection. Kind of pricey however.

12. Masatsui macrumors newbie