iPhone 4s case issues?! Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mluci, Jan 4, 2012.

1. mluci macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone (white 4s) in November - since then, I've gone thru a minimum of 8 cases. The issue is that the cases that are supposedly for both the "4 and 4s" are not compatible with the 4s at all. The opening in the back is too close to the camera flash and it is making my photos come out looking white or grainy (at least thats what they told me at Apple, since taking the case off, it works fine). The only full case that seems to work with the camera are the Kate Spade ones (which I'm really not a fan of) I have a bumper on now but I'm afraid of dropping it. Does anyone have any other suggestions? If I would have known, I really may have just purchased the iPhone 4 so I could choose any case I want. Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!!!!

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Um...the iPhone 4 and 4S are IDENTICAL except for the mute switch and possibly volume buttons, which is why cases for the 4 may not fit the 4S. The camera and flash are in the exact same spot. The camera and flash have nothing to do with an iPhone 4 case not fitting a 4S.

3. mluci thread starter macrumors newbie

Um, thanks for the info. Then what do you suggest I do? Any time I have a case on the back of the phone, the pictures come out grain when the flash is used. Like I said, the bumper is on now and they come out fine.

4. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

This isn't an issue with it being the iPhone 4S. The cases you mentioned will also happen on an iPhone 4. The issue is with the cases themselves.

5. mluci thread starter macrumors newbie

I went back to the Apple store and finally found one (the tech said that it is totally normal for that to happen with a case on). I noticed the only ones that I can use (with the flash) are almost recessed before the camera opening (I dont know how else to explain it)

Has anyone else experienced this with their camera? I just find it really strange that they have all of these cases that look great, but you cant take pictures at night with them on? That makes no sense at all. Do people say "hang on, let me take my case off before I take this picture?" I'm kind of annoyed about it! (as you can see)

Obviously I'm new to the iPhone and coming from a Blackberry where it didnt matter what case I had on, the pictures always came out fine. One of the (many) reasons I moved to the iPhone was the supposedly amazing camera.

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Case manufacturers are aware of the issue. Many are making their openings for the camera/flash larger to solve the problem. Be patient. Look around. The Apple Stores do not carry every case available. Check the web. Just be sure and look for one with a larger oval around the camera/flash.

7. TheiPhoneChick macrumors 6502

TheiPhoneChick

You want to get cases that DO NOT have a key hole cut out, they will mess with the flash. You want cases that have a large cutout around the camera.

This camera cut out shape cases flash issues

[​IMG]

This one is better
    [​IMG]

This camera cut out is best

[​IMG]

8. mluci thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you both so much for your help. Now I know exactly what to look for!