Iphone 4S case question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadf652, Oct 5, 2011.

1. chadf652 macrumors newbie

I know a lot of you don't really care for the new Iphone 4S but it's a big upgrade for me since I'm still rocking the 3GS! :) My question is will this regular Iphone 4 case fit the new Iphone 4S? http://www.ivyskin.com/iphone-4-case/quattro4-case.html#forms I know all the specs all the same between the 4 and 4S besides the weight. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

I'm 99% sure that the 4S is EXACTLY the Verizon iPhone 4 on specs of breaks in the outer ring and placement of the mute and volume buttons. As you may or may not know the verizon phone differs a bit from the AT&T version.

3. knownikko macrumors 6502

As long as the case is designed for the _Verizon_ iPhone 4, it will work with the 4S. That one appears to be for the AT&T/GSM version, so it won't work.

4. chadf652 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answers! So even if I'm buying the iPhone 4S on AT&T I'll need to purchase the iPhone 4 Verizon case correct?

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Why won't the ATT cases fit? What's the difference?

6. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

The difference is that the CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4 has slightly different placements for the mute and volume buttons than the GSM (AT&T) iPhone 4.

If you have a case that precisely fits around the buttons on the GSM iPhone, it may not fit the CDMA iPhone.

Basically, if there is a large, open gap for the side buttons, you should be fine.

7. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Gracias!

Looks like I prematurely ordered a case.

8. falconman515, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2011

falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Does apple sell the bumper for Verizon phones?

I like apples bumper but mine is an AT&T bumper not for a Verizon one.

Any suggestions?

Edit: on apples website it says the bumber is for at&t and Verizon phones... How can that be if the volume and mute and placed differently.

Also on apples site it shows know that the bumper is compatible with iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S

9. meder87 macrumors regular

Blah! I'm gonna have to take back my Angry Birds Pig King case :( I looked online and it doesn't work with the Verizon iPhone 4 only AT&T because of the volume and mute placement.

10. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

It'll work for both. I have an AT&T and my brother has a Verizon iPhone. My bumper fits on both. 99% sure of this: the bumpers in the white packaging are the redesigned ones that should fit both. Every one I've seen in stores are of this nature. The older bumpers in the gray packaging are the originals that might not fit. Haven't seen these in forever though in a retail store.