iPhone 4S Case w/ Exposed SIM Slot?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by IO01, Oct 28, 2011.

1. IO01 macrumors member

I got an Otterbox Defender case the other day. Nice, but the SIM slot is covered. In fact, most of the others cases I have seen have the SIM slot covered. Is there a case for the iPhone 4S that leaves the SIM slot exposed?

I got the (unlocked :D) iPhone 4S in order to take it with me to Korea (I have been going to Korea every summer the last few years). It would be nice if I could avoid removing the case just to open the SIM slot. Thanks in advance for any info.

2. scousers macrumors member

I have been looking into this for the exact same reason.... also asked this question but got no replies.

The only one I have found is the Element Vapor line of cases. They don't come cheap, but check out this thread for some nicely priced chinese knockoffs:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1244826

I am considering getting one as switching the sim crd with the otter box commuter is a pain!

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Is it really that inconvenient to have to swap the SIM a couple of times a year?

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

WOW! As soon as I saw that photo you posted of the "DRACO", that 'is' the case. Absolutely Awesome! It's very Star Trek-ish. It wreaks, "Beam me up Scotty". Thanks for posting. I gotta have it.

edit: I saw the reviews. The aluminum messes with the signal. Oh well.... my search continues....