iPhone 4s case...where to buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by londoner888, Oct 25, 2011.

1. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Anyone know where I can buy a case MEANT for a 4s?

I bought a "4s" case that was meant for a 4, where the mute switch had problems fitting into the slot in the case.

Looking for a slim one, preferably a white one to match my phone, but not the cheap £3 ones off ebay though.

2. HeezyBear macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure any CDMA iPhone 4 case would work since the antenna band is the same one as on the 4S. It's the GSM iPhone 4 cases you'll have a problem with since their antenna band was slightly different.

3. Pravius macrumors regular

4. xdbuix macrumors 6502

Pretty much theres two iPHone 4 and 4s variations of cases.

1. The original AT&T iPhone 4.
    2. The Verizon iPhone 4, and all current iPhone 4s.

So if u do get a case, get a case for the Verizon iphone 4 and/or for specially the iPhone 4s.

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

There are countless sources -- take your pick. You should be vetting your sources just as with any other online purchase. If you use a reputable reseller and do your due diligence you shouldn't have any problems.

6. M33-1 macrumors member

Go to target and buy the incase slider case and black. It has a soft matte finish. One of the most comfortable cases to hold. The iPhone 4 case works great with the 4s mute switch location change.

7. climber20 macrumors member

8. londoner888 thread starter macrumors regular

londoner888

I had a Gear4 Thin case on my ip4.

[​IMG]

Bought a similar looking case (not Gear4) that didn't fit my 4s as the sleep/wake switch is slightly lower than on the 4.

9. ijohnbro macrumors regular

10. aloecool macrumors regular

Their ecoshield won't fit perfectly with the 4S (i've tried)...and if you ever have to deal with their customer service or return an item, get ready for the headache. I'll give them credit for a solid 3GS case that I had though, but I'll never use that company again due to their poor CS.

11. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

12. spades1412 macrumors 6502

Most newer cases are designed for both. Just look to see that the mute switch cutout is a larger one. I think most cases after the VZW phone was released were improved to accept both.