iPhone 4s cases and screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bjb.butler, Oct 6, 2011.

1. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

I know there is an accessories forum, but its pretty quiet around there, and everyone is in here.

I'm getting an iPhone for the first time since the 3G (Android since, switched to sprint for the savings)

What are some good cases to buy? I know people claim their screen has no scratches (I don't believe them, btw), but I will for sure be buying a screen protector.

Any other general advice is welcome

2. JLemm macrumors regular

I love my INCASE slider and snap case! I recommended them to everyone!:)

3. RollTide1017 macrumors regular

Otter Box cases are the only cases I'll buy. I've already ordered a new one for the 4S.

4. MacFan1701 macrumors member

I swear by the Contour Showcase as I have them on both my old iPod touch and video iPod......unfortunately, it has yet to be made for the Verizon iPhone 4 and thus also, the 4S :/

This being the case (no pun intended), I would probably settle for the Hardskin made by the same company, although I have no experience with this specific line of cases. Would really like a Showcase for my first iPhone though.....

5. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I've been thinking about getting an Incipio Edge Pro. I keep reading everywhere that so many cases ruin the screen protectors and I figure if this place gives you one with the case it's gotta work properly. Case seems to be pretty nice too.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Not sure about case, but as soon as my phone is in my hand I'm heading to Burbank (Powersupport) to getting screen protectors on front and back.

7. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I've had Ghost Armor for my past 2 iPhones and love it. I already pre-ordered mine to be installed on launch day. I don't use a case, just the Ghost Armor.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You better believe it ;). Well, at least for me anyway. I've had all my iPod touch with no screen protector, and everytime I sell them a year later they'd be have zero scratches on scren. The only thing I'd be bothered to buy a screen protector is that the oleophobic coating wearing off, and things can get ugly from there.

9. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I'm going the Best Skins Ever + Bumper route. Worked well in the past when I had an iP4!

10. pault106 macrumors member

Yep power support crystal screen protector and incase snap for the back work well.

11. bjb.butler thread starter macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Thanks everyone!

One more question: I am going to get the Sprint 4S... Which iPhone 4 case do I buy? I'm guessing the Verizon CDMA version? Or do I have to wait until manufacturers release specific cases for the 4S

12. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

13. guru_ck macrumors 6502

I own two Incipio cases, the NGP and feather models. They are extremely well constructed, stylish, affordable, and can be found at most retailers!

http://www.myincipio.com

14. ann713 macrumors 6502a

'Incase Snap Case 'and 'Incipio NGP', both very well made cases from reputable brands. :)

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

16. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I will be getting a PowerSupport crystal screen shield and a Speck Pixelskin HD case. Be advised though that the Pixelskin case will have the vibrate switch offset because they did not redesign a Verzion version when it came out. I contacted Speck and they said they shipped updated versions to retail Apple Stores for the 4s launch and expect to update their website inventory in 3-4 weeks time.