iPhone 4S Cases-READ BEFORE BUYING A CASE.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleMactablet, Oct 7, 2011.

1. AppleMactablet macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

Original iPhone 4 Cases MAY NOT fit your new iPhone 4S-Read Why

The iPhone 4S from the photos Apple has posted on it's site is the verizon design-that means that the buttons and ringer switch have been moved down ever so slightly, So unfortunately like with the original iPhone 4 cases that could not fit the new button layout of the verizon iPhone 4- so NOT ALL iphone 4 cases will fit the iPhone 4S unless there universal or have a open side for the buttons/ringer not fitted for the orginal iPhone 4 design.

Information Link
    Verizon vs ATT (iPhone 4)
    http://www.engadget.com/photos/verizon-iphone-4-hands-on/#3774367

Apple iPhone 4S
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/

2. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Few cases will have this issue but it is something to be aware of. If it has volume buttons it is probably an issue but those with cutouts should be fine.

The Vz iPhone has been out long enough that most cases are universal. More cost effective anyway.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

i thought pretty much everyone knew this by now. most websites just have 4S categories now.

4. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

I just bought a 4s case from speck. I trust it. I did however order some cheap protectors from eBay that i realized may not fit the back if there is a bigger camera opening.

5. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

My mom is going to be buying the 8 gig iPhone 4. Did they redesign the antenna for this one or does the at&t version still have the same button placement? Or do I need to buy a case for the cdma/4s version?

6. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

its a world phone for sprint att and verizon so i would bet itll be the redesigned one.

7. AppleMactablet thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

I personally just bought a case from Incipio-I spoke a women but she wasnt sure, both photos from the 4S cases and 4 were exact images on there site, so am hoping that the case I order with faster shipping was made for the new phone

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

Where did you read that the new iPhone 4 8gig is a world phone? It lists two seperate models on the apple page, so I assume only the 4s is a world phone?

9. LagFighter macrumors regular

Do we even know that the Verizon cases will fit on 4S? People are speculating that the camera lens and flash are bigger.

10. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

someone called apple and asked and they said its all the same size. they didnt increase the lens, they increased the size of the opening to let in more light.

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I don't buy it. Check the attached picture.

On a separate but somewhat related note, how is it possible that the bumpers fit ATT AND Verizon when the buttons are moved slightly.

Attached Files:

12. LagFighter macrumors regular

13. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

They is a secondary bumper design that allows both types of phones to fit. The botton and volume button opening are set and slightly elongated so they function with either design.

If you want a cheap bumper off ebay make sure they say it is the Verizion model, or will fit both. Bumpers that say "AT&T Only" will not fit exactly.

14. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/01/21/apple-preps-for-verizon-iphone-launch-with-new-bumpers-vacation-blackouts/

The slot of the silent switch is elongated to fit both. The volume buttons are in the same position on both, I believe. I think only the silent switch was slightly moved down.

15. Truckondo macrumors member

I got my Feathers from Incipio yesterday for me and my wife's iPhone 4s's. I currently have the Feather on my iPhone 4. The actual packaging from Incipio says "For New iPhone 4". Nothing about the "S". I did notice that the new Feather case is a little more round on the sides and that the side line up to the top of the glass. The old one left a little bit of the glass on the side exposed. If anyone wants pics let me know.

16. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

17. aneftp macrumors 68040

Apple did a very revision of the bumpers to fit the Verizon iPhone. I know because we have the old bumper and a new bumper. It's very subtle but the bumpers are slightly different.

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/iphone...4-bumper-case-comparison-original-vs-revised/

18. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

19. AppleMactablet thread starter macrumors regular

AppleMactablet

They now have a section for iPhone 4S-thats where I ordered from