Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Decelerate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
Well, I just got my iPhone 4s and am trying to find a protective case that does not add bulk. I am looking for a case that is not ultra smooth to reduce the chances of the phone slipping out of my pocket.
Right now the phone is sitting in a belkin gel type case from the Verizon store. The fit of the case is awful. It does not fit tightly on the phone at all. The fit near the top of the case is so poor that you can clearly see a gap between the case and the phone. It also seems to add a bit of bulk.

So, are there any cases out there that are thin, not ultra smooth (reduce chance of slipping out of pocket), and provide decent shock protection?

Thanks

jmjoh122

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2011
VA
there are a lot of them out there. Do some searching and make your own choice. everyone has their favorite, perhaps you need to just try a few. If you don't like it, take it back. that's what i did.

Decelerate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 19, 2010
there are a lot of them out there. Do some searching and make your own choice. everyone has their favorite, perhaps you need to just try a few. If you don't like it, take it back. that's what i did.

I thought the whole point of this community was to get input from others in order to learn from each others' experiences...

Thanks to the others who replied. I will look into the lifeproof and element cases.

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
I use an otteebox commuter which adds some bulk but not much. I also have an otterbox reflex case, it adds very little and is pretty durable. I stopped using that one because without having a screen protector I felt that the case would scratch my screen after time judging by the way it sits.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I got a Belkin Shield Shock a few days back and it's similar to the Commuter in terms of protection, feels good in the hand, and doesn't add a lot of bulk.

Attachments

• 104973258-260x260-0-0_Belkin+Belkin+F8Z640tt154+Shield+Shock+Case+Compat.jpg
    104973258-260x260-0-0_Belkin+Belkin+F8Z640tt154+Shield+Shock+Case+Compat.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 553

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
I think I know what Belken case you are referring to. In my first 4 days of having my 4s I had 4 cases... I settled on an otterbox commuter and I really like it. Looks cool, not too much bulk, and super protection (I have hardwood floors and a 10 month old)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.