IPhone 4S charger? What happened?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AlexJ092, Apr 15, 2013.

  1. AlexJ092 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    #1
    After coming home from work with just 2% battery left on my iphone I went to charge it, the USB end looks like it has melted inwards and the pin connector has half disappeared with a yellow tag sticking out of the end, the rubber wiring has split and showing the silver insides? Any ideas what might have happened? Thanks
     
  2. AlexJ092 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    #2
    Pictures
     

    Attached Files:

  3. AlexJ092 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    #3
    Pin connector
     

    Attached Files:

  4. AlexJ092 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2013
    #4
    Metal wiring??
     

    Attached Files:

  5. Demonface macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2012
    Location:
    Jersey/Miami
    #5
    My guess is that when you were charging it was on the charger for too long . Wait did that cord come with the phone? It can happen if its not a genuine cord or charger.
     
  6. darky90 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2012
    #6
    Wow! Sorry about your cable. I believe maybe the construction of this cable was bad, which caused the cable to overheat like this. Hope your phone is alright though.
     
  7. janney macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2013
    Location:
    East Texas
    #7
    Is it possibly from an electrical surge? Have you checked other appliances in that location? So sorry...
     
  8. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2012
    Location:
    LL22, UK
    #8
    post a pic of the charger that the usb end was plugged into
     

Share This Page