iPhone 4S: Charging problems.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mixilog7, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mixilog7 macrumors newbie

Hi guys. i have a charging problem for my iphone 4s. any help would be appreciated.

Here's what happened. I charged my phone before i went to sleep and it was working fine. When i woke up the battery percentage was around 95%. I tried waiting for it to be fully charged but it didn't. I removed the charger and used the phone as I usually do. At around 50% of the battery charge, I decided to charge it... Here's the weird stuff. The battery meter on the right upper corner says it's charging then after a second it stops charging then on and off... until my battery finally drained down coz it wont charge normally like it used to. I tried to check whether the problem is the cable but everything was ok. I cleaned out the charging port of the phone, still no progress.

The question now is do you think its the battery itself that's the problem (I have my phone for 7 months now) or is it a firmware/software issue? Thanks.

2. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

Do you charge it via USB on the computer, or from the power adapter in the wall?

If PC, when you plug it in, does it make sounds like it's being connected and disconnected randomly? Have you tried another cable, or another USB port? Does the 30 pin connector on the phone look damaged or perhaps the cable? Does your computer go into hibernation mode when you walk away? This could cause the phone not to charge as well.

If you are using the wall charger, maybe that's going bad, or try another socket to make sure it's not just the socket.

I doubt it would be a software issue, but it could very well be a hardware issue with either the phone itself or the cable or even the wall charger.

If you none of these are the issue, I'd suggest visiting an Apple store to see what is up with the phone.